A peculiar small town between a blusterous dark sea and and an auspicious forest. The people with the fear of approaching doomsday are on the edge of insanity. The good and the evil are expected in agony. All these turn into even more complicated situation by a simple guy arriving in the town, then. This is an allegorical story depicting very absurd fatal situation happening today’s world.
“In confronting a crisis of faith, director Pirselimoglu invites comparisons with Ingmar Bergman and Lars von Trier”
BY ALLAN HUNTER/ Screen Daily
- Director: Tayfun Pirselimoğlu
- Director of Photography: Andreas Sinanos (AFC, GSC)
- Script writer: Tayfun Pirselimoğlu
- Music: Nikos Kypourgos
- Production: Mitra Films- Gataki Films/ Vildan Erşen- Tayfun Pirselimoğlu- TURKEY
- in co-production with: Bad Crowd - Nikos Moustakas - Nancy Kokolaki - GREECE // Arizona Production - Guillaume De Seille - FRANCE
- Cast: Tansu Biçer, Nalan Kuruçim
- Financiers: Turkish Ministry of Culture, Greek Film Center
- Sales: tba
- Turkish Distribution: Kurmaca Film
- World Premiere: Warsaw Film Festival (2018)- Competition
- Category: Completed
- Festivals and Awards: • "Warsaw Film Festival- (2018): Competition" • "37. International İstanbul Film Festival: Best Director, Best Actor" • "29.International Ankara Film Festival: Best Art Director" • "2. National Film Festival: Best Film, Best Actor" • "6. Accessible Film Festival: Best Director" • "51. SİYAD Turkish Cinema Awards: Best Director of Photography, Best Editing"